In honor of World Plant Milk Day taking place on August 22, we want to share this recipe on – you guessed it – how to make your own nut milk. This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and we think you’ll love it. Try it out for yourself in just a few simple steps!
Blender (preferably, high-speed)
Strainer of your choice – Cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or strainer
Storage container – Glass jug, milk jar, etc.
1/2 cup nuts or seeds of your choice, soaked (almonds and cashews are our favs)
4 cups filtered water
Dash of salt
Sweetener/spice of your choice – to taste
- Soak your nuts in water overnight in the fridge.
- Add your soaked nuts, water, and a dash of salt to your blender, as well as any optional add-ins.
- Blend on high speed for 90 seconds, or until creamy and frothy.
- Place your cheesecloth, milk bag, or strainer over a large glass bowl and slowly pour the blended mixture into it. Make sure to grasp the bag tightly so the contents don’t spill, form a “ball” with the pulp inside and squeeze the liquid out.
- Twist the bag slowly to release any residual liquid. You can either discard the nut pulp or save it for another recipe.
- Pour your nut milk into glass jars, seal, and store in your fridge for 4 to 5 days.
Check out more of our recipes, featuring better-for-you products from our Balanced Boxes. And make sure you order your Balanced Boxes so you can prepare tasty treats with us every month!
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company