Recipe by: The Balanced Company
In the mood for an easy-to-make treat that’s sure to please? Try our recipe for homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches! It’s a classic summertime dessert that’s sure to please the entire family!
Makes approx. 8 ice cream sandwiches
1 package of XO Baking Co Double Chocolate Chip Gourmet Cookie Mix
½ cup of unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp water
Vanilla frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream
Chopped nuts, toasted coconut, or your favourite granola (optional)
- Line two cookie sheets with silicon baking mats, or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the XO Baking Co Double Chocolate Chip Gourmet Cookie Mix, 1 egg, ½ cup of butter and 1 tbsp of water.
- Using a hand mixer, blend the ingredients, until combined and no dry mix remains.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the over to 350°
- Scoop dough into balls, approx. 2 tbsp of dough each and place on cookie sheets. Leave space between the cookie dough balls as they will spread in the oven.
- Bake for approx. 12-15 minutes until cookies are slightly firm around the edges. The centers should be soft.
- Let cool on the pan until the cookies are no longer hot and are room temperature.
- Add a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt to the bottom of a cookie, and top with another cookie.
- Roll the cookie sandwich in chopped nuts, toasted coconut, or granola (optional).
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company