We have the perfect treat for you to bake this season. These yummy pumpkin muffins are great to make even year-round. Try it out for yourself in just a few simple steps! Also, be sure to check out our reel on this recipe here.
2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ to ½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 pinch of ground cloves
1 ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
½ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup coconut sugar (or ¼ cup maple syrup)
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
Makes 20-22 muffins
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Line a muffin tray with reusable silicone liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and freshly ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until it’s just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill the muffin liners about ¾ of the way up.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes. Then, leaving the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or so, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tray for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the muffins from the silicon liners and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Check out more of our recipes, featuring better-for-you products from our Balanced Boxes. And make sure you order your Balanced Boxes so you can prepare tasty treats with us every month!
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company