Recipe by: The Balanced Company
Don’t let pumpkin season end before making our pumpkin muffins! It’s the perfect addition to any lunch box, or to accompany your morning coffee. And bonus – they’re easy enough for the kids to help make!
Makes 12 – 14 muffins
1 ½ cups Queen St. Bakery 1-for-1 Superfood Baking Flour
¼ cup CanMar Foods Milled Golden Roasted Flax
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
Pinch of ground cloves
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 large eggs, at room temperature
⅓ cup Organic Meadow Milk
⅓ to ½ cup maple syrup (or honey)
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
Handful of chocolate chips or chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Line a muffin tray with reusable silicon liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Queen St. Bakery 1-for-1 Superfood Baking Flour, CanMar Foods Milled Golden Roasted Flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, Organic Meadow Milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until it’s just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chopped nuts, if using.
- Fill the muffin liners about ¾ of the way up.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes. Then, leaving the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or so, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tray for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the muffins from the silicon liners and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company