As a busy mom, it can be challenging to find time for exercise. Between work, household chores, and taking care of your kids, it can be difficult to find time for a workout. However, regular exercise is essential for maintaining good physical and mental health. Keep reading to learn about several 10-minute workouts for busy moms that you can do at home.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a quick and effective way to get your heart rate up and burn calories. A simple HIIT workout involves 30 seconds of high-intensity exercise, followed by 30 seconds of rest. You can repeat this cycle for 10 minutes, incorporating exercises like jumping jacks, squats, lunges, and push-ups.
- Tabata is another high-intensity workout that involves 20 seconds of work, followed by 10 seconds of rest. You can do a variety of exercises like burpees, mountain climbers, and plank jacks for 10 minutes to get a quick and intense workout.
- Yoga is a great way to relax and stretch your muscles while also getting in a quick workout. You can do a 10-minute yoga flow that includes poses like downward dog, plank, and warrior poses.
- Pilates is a low-impact workout that focuses on building core strength and flexibility. A 10-minute Pilates routine can include exercises like the hundred, single leg stretch, and the roll-up.
- A cardio blast workout can be done in 10 minutes and involves high-intensity exercises like jumping jacks, high knees, and butt kicks. You can also add in some strength training exercises like lunges and squats for an added challenge.
Resistance Band Workout
- Resistance bands are an inexpensive and versatile tool for at-home workouts. You can do a 10-minute resistance band workout that includes exercises like bicep curls, tricep extensions, and lateral raises.
- A 10-minute dance party is a fun and effective way to get your heart rate up and burn calories - and your kids can join in too! Put on your favorite music and dance like nobody's watching!
- A quick core workout can help to strengthen your abs and back muscles. Exercises like planks, bicycle crunches, and leg raises can be done in 10 minutes for a quick and effective workout.
- Jumping rope is a great cardio workout that can be done in a small space, inside or outside. You can do intervals of 30 seconds of jumping rope, followed by 30 seconds of rest, for a 10-minute workout.
Walk or Run
- A quick walk or run around the block can be a nice way to get some fresh air and exercise in just 10 minutes.
As a busy mom, finding time for exercise can be challenging. However, incorporating 10-minute workouts into your daily routine can help you to stay active and healthy. Whether you choose a high-intensity workout like HIIT or Tabata, a low-impact workout like yoga or Pilates, or a fun dance party or jump rope workout, there are plenty of options to suit your preferences and fitness level. Remember, every little bit of exercise counts, and even 10 minutes of movement can make a big difference in your physical and mental health.
To your Balanced health,
The Balanced Company