Recipe by: The Balanced Company
We love yogurt parfaits! They’re not only delicious but are easy to make and make a fabulous breakfast or a tasty post-workout snack. And bonus – they’re kid-approved!
Serves – 2-4
1 package of Made with Local Original Granola Bar Mix
½ cup nut or seed butter (we’re using peanut butter)
½ cup maple syrup
1 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek style
Honey to taste (or sweetener of choice)
2 cups mixed fruit (berries, melon, grapes, kiwi – anything you have on hand or what’s in season for best results) we’re using strawberries and blueberries
- Make the Made with Local Original Granola Bar Mix according to package directions (we’re using peanut butter and maple syrup).
- Bake the granola a bit longer than it calls for (we recommend baking for around 14-16 minutes). Allow to cool down.
- Once granola has cooled, crumble into pieces in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Wash and cut fruit into bite-sized pieces and mix together in a medium size bowl.
- Mix yogurt with honey (or your sweetener of choice), to taste.
- Assemble the parfaits in a parfait cup, a clear glass or a bowl. Spoon some fruit at the bottom, followed by a layer of yogurt, then a layer of granola. Repeat the order again.
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company