The season of love is almost upon us! We’re all about showing and receiving love 365 days a year, but there’s no denying that February 14th is extra sweet. It could be all of the candies and chocolates exchanged during this 24-hour period that make it that much sweeter than any other day of the year (speaking of which, have you ordered your February Balanced Snack Box yet?!). But the thoughtful cards, caring conversations, extra long hugs and showing affection and appreciation for the ones you love most surely add to the sweetness of the holiday!
So how can you fully embrace this special day and bring Valentine’s into your home?
We’ve got you covered with these 8 super simple, super sweet décor tips!
1. Decorate your fireplace mantel and console tables in your entrance, hallway or living room with red and pink garland or loose paper hearts.
2. Add festive florals to your home, such as fresh bouquets of red roses, pink tulips or hibiscus and white hydrangeas, as well as faux wreaths (heart-shaped or the classic round wreath with hints of red and/or pink flowers).
3. Swap out your everyday blankets and pillows for decorative throws and accent pillows (or simply change the cushion covers!). Add a pop of color to your sofa, armchair or bed with a solid or heart-patterned red or pink pillow or blanket or keep it more neutral with a white, faux fur pillow in the shape of a heart and blush pink woven throw blanket.
4. Create a lovely tablescape with a festive tablecloth or table runner, a subtle mix of red and pink dishware and napkins, and a sprinkle of heart confetti or flower petals.
5. Fill mason jars, empty vases, bowls and/or cocktail glasses with red, pink and white tasty treats and set them atop paper heart doilies on tables throughout the house for a sweet surprise wherever you are.Put photos of family and friends around your home so you feel surrounded by love all day (and all year – leave these up as long as you’d like!).
6. Put photos of family and friends around your home so you feel surrounded by love all day (and all year – leave these up as long as you’d like!).
7. Build a gallery wall featuring pastel prints, romantic graphics and “LOVE” or “XOXO” signage. Add a mirror into the mix, so you can see love staring right back at you when you look over at the masterpiece you’ve created!
8. Burn candles in floral or cinnamon scents to really get the Valentine’s vibes going throughout the entire house.
There you have it! Eight super simple ways to bring this festive holiday into your home. Whether you’re celebrating with family, friends or that special someone on February 14th, or you’re taking time to focus on your own self-care, we hope your day (and your home) is filled with love!
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company