Recipe by: The Balanced Company
Stuck in a weeknight dinner rut? Is your family eager for more flavour? Check out our quick recipe for veggie red curry noodles, sure to please everyone!
Serves – 2-4
1 package (198g) Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1 medium carrot, julienned
1 red bell pepper, sliced
75g button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
100g snow peas
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp grated or minced ginger
1 can (400 mL) Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1-2 tbsp Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Red Curry Paste
1-2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
½ tsp lemon juice
½ tsp sugar
1-2 tsp hot sauce or chili garlic sauce (optional)
2 green onions, chopped to finish (optional)
- Prepare all of your vegetables so they’re ready to cook. The recipe moves fairly quickly once you get started.
- Cook the Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Stir-Fry Rice Noodles according to the directions on the package and set aside.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, approximately 2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrot and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the snow peas and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Remove all the veggies to a bowl or plate.
- In the same saucepan, add the can of Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk stirring to deglaze the pan, and bring to a simmer.
- Add 1 tbsp of Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Red Curry Paste and stir. Taste, and add more curry paste if desired.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and hot sauce or chili garlic sauce (if using). Taste, and add more if needed.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- Return all of the veggies to the skillet, and taste for seasoning.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles and heat through.
- Finish with chopped green onions.
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company