Looking for a delicious, healthy dip that your kids will love and that’s easy to make? Look no further than Chocolate Hazelnut Hummus! We won’t tell the kids it’s made with chickpeas if you won’t 😉
1 540mL/ 19 fl oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed well (optional: remove the skins – doing this isn’t necessary but will make the dip extra smooth)
½ cup NutiLight Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa and Milk (stir well before measuring)
2 tbsp Soom Tahini (stir well before measuring)
¼ cup cocoa powder (Dutch processed or natural)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup, or to taste (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sea salt, to taste
Strawberries, melon, apples, or your favourite fruit
- Warm the NutiLight Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa and Milk in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
- In a high-powered food processor, add the chickpeas, NutiLight Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa and Milk, Soom Tahini, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Put on the lid, and process until smooth, scraping down the food processor with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Taste, add sea salt and more maple syrup (if needed).
- Spoon into a bowl, and serve with fruit, graham crackers, Glutino Pretzels, etc. to dip.
To your Balanced health,
Your friends at The Balanced Company